"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." (John 5:39)

August 20, 2012

attitude toward the Word of God

Ref Jhn 20-21
By Rolphe Barnard

I judge people by their attitude toward the Word of God. A lost man does not believe the Bible, a saved man does. You know God has to work a miracle in a man to get him to listen to something he does not believe. The Lord said to the Jews of His day, "If you believed Moses, you would believe Me." People do not believe the Bible is God's Word and yet the only way a man is saved is by listening to that which he does not believe. What a miracle it will be if God ever fixes you so you will not just attend services, but where you begin to listen to God's Word. I think I have been preaching all these years to a generation of people who seem to wish to trust in the work of Christ, but not fall in love with Him. And thus hell is full of people who believed a fact, but never have been joined to the Lord Jesus Christ. I cannot understand that type of salvation or what a sinner expects when he does not desire to be under the rule of Christ, but only rebels against His rule. I cannot understand a salvation that turns out men and women who do not intend, in the deep recesses of their soul, to become willing bondslaves of the Lord Jesus Christ. I say to you, my friend, that church members who live in known sin; who do not pant after holiness; and who have no love for Christ, I say to you, they are in mortal danger and they are on the road to hell and know it not.